MoGG Network Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» TEAMSPEAK SERVER
Clan battle strategies EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 4:57 pm by SporranLegion

» Trying to get new members
Clan battle strategies EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 6:02 pm by SporranLegion

» 2 Days
Clan battle strategies EmptyMon Jun 22, 2020 11:27 am by USS Kansas City

» Training Wednesday 1st April
Clan battle strategies EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 11:10 pm by Herpicus_McDerpington97

» Calico's T10 Builds
Clan battle strategies EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 9:41 pm by Guest

» Possible training opponents this week
Clan battle strategies EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 9:13 pm by Guest

» Training Wednesday 25th Mar
Clan battle strategies EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 9:29 pm by Guest

» And meanwhile in Spain
Clan battle strategies EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 6:11 pm by SporranLegion

» Clan battle strategies
Clan battle strategies EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 3:49 pm by Guest

Clan battle strategies

5 posters

Go down

Clan battle strategies Empty Clan battle strategies

Post  Squiggy Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:40 am

I wanted to throw a topic out there about forming potential long term strategies to help us improve & move forward with clan battles.

Right now we are working on team building activities and learning to work with one another instead of going rambo. But, whats next? What are we doing wrong right now otherwise?

For me a big weakness is not being as familiar with all the ships weaknesses / strengths to take advantage of. There are so many ships and possible scenarios this is hard to get a hold of. I'm positive I can't be the only one in this situation. My idea to deal with this issue would be to have people be assigned specific roles in clan battles. Eg. in EVERY battle you are a light cruiser. or the BB. you get the idea. This would let you spend time to hone in your skills with specific ships, and learn how to use your specific role more effectively.

A second thought would be to set specific ground rules / strategies on the table. A caller simply cannot manage every single detail of everyone's shots and plays. By this i mean for example as a DD, I might be asked to push in a certain zone and spot. However, if a good opportunity to strike a BB comes up, take it. ?? As a cruiser with a DD 10 feet in front of you, don't take the time to ask permission, just shoot the fukker. I think this doesn't happen because people don't know what is and is not expected of them during these scenarios, as an example. This will also take some added pressure off the caller, whos job should be no more then positioning strategies and focus fire. if everyone knows what they should be doing.

Squiggy

Back to top Go down

Clan battle strategies Empty Re: Clan battle strategies

Post  Guest Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:18 am

You hit on a few good points, the problem is we don't always have the same people playing in every battle (whoever is on, plus we try to get everyone going as we don't have enough people to fill a 2nd team). Thats why there is a ship list out that I made of the ships we most commonly use for clan battles. There other point is that its all up to the caller. When I call I give the strat and call targets but I give free rain if you see something you can hit with torps or something its on you. Other calls might be micromanagers and they ask you to do everything they say with no room to think freely. So the rules for clan battles change every season to where it might be 2 or 3 bbs per team to like this season just the 1. As we have the caller running the bbs its up to the other members to fill out cruisers and dds and we always need more dd drives.

Back to top Go down

Post  SporranLegion Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:25 am

Good points Squiggy. Maybe this will clear up some things.
Training, Clan Battles, Naval Battles or any clan event needs some kind of commitment. That is not something we have yet. Look how long it took me to get people to use this forum.
The training we need to concentrate on first is to lose the Rambo attitude, Clan battles are different from Random. We need to learn to act together and keep an eye on what is going on around us. Use the map.
The training will be done at a pace that everyone can keep up with.
I am open to any suggestions to improve the skills we have.
But we have to take 1 step at a time and not try to run before we can walk, we have to take into account that not everybody will pick things up at the same pace. I know I sometimes get into a Rambo state where I see a target and am oblivious to the map until I can sink the target.
Also like Liger says its not always the same people that have been turning up for the Wars, with this training and the new members we have I am hoping we will have regular attendance during the battle season or any other clan event.
I have a list of who is regular and those that are not so regular.

Training night last Wednesday was good and there was a good turn out, lets see how it goes once the novelty wears off. I've been playing online games for a long time now and things can start off well but then evaporate until its only the small core of people left.
Because of the time difference I have to stay awake unit 1am or even later, those on the other side of the pond don't need to make that commitment but if I can go out my way I expect something back from others. The real world will ALWAYS take priority so if something comes up unexpected and you have to commit elsewhere then no one gets their ass chewed from me. If you have the time I would appreciate letting me know you cant make it.

The more suggestions from you guys the better we can make up a training schedule. Just dont expect to improve overnight because we are training.

We can keep the format we had last week of using T4 ships against T8 or T9 bots with limited AI.
We can try everyone on 1 team with AI on the other, if that starts to work then increase the number of bots. There will be a caller to watch what is happening and give directions.
After that we can split in 2 teams with better AI and team callers, teams will be in separate TS channels.
Everyone will experience how to call the battles, when you are calling you have to keep an eye on the whole map and not just your section. That should improve your awareness of what is going on during a battle.

The clan membership is growing, we have 25 members today with another 2 going to join over this weekend to take the numbers to 27. We are reaching a MAX clan limit of 30 so I am going to remove anyone that has not been around for a while and have not bothered to let me know if or when they will be back to make room for other clan newbies, we need to get more oil to increase the MAX clan number so its important to win the Naval Battle every weekend. We have enough oil to increase the limit to 40 if it is needed. We also have a limit of 30 slots in the TS server, if we need more then I will buy another license so that can be increased.
SporranLegion
SporranLegion
Admin
Admin

http://mogg.ddns.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  The_Old_Hyperion Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:34 pm

A Bad Habit I have is I tend to get tunnel vision when trying to finish a ship staying zoomed in instead of zooming out and checking my angles or looking around the ship. And, I like the idea of someone in control of the battlespace directing the fleet with member flexibility to react to dynamic situational complications that pop up.
The_Old_Hyperion
The_Old_Hyperion

Back to top Go down

Post  AtomicGarden-Skinny Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:01 am

I really like the idea (once we get there) to have everyone take a turn calling. I don't think it's fair to have Liger and Sporr doing most of the calling all the time. It's a stressful thing to do, but hopefully in a training situation it will ease the stress a little. It should make it easier once we get into real clan battles and take away some of the stress! Looking forward to our clan progress! Love that we are getting new members who have the same desires as the clan does! Cheers
AtomicGarden-Skinny
AtomicGarden-Skinny

Back to top Go down

Post  Calico_Jackson Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:33 pm

I am glad we have this thread going (thanks Squiggy), and I will try to toss in my two cents.

First, I think it's a good idea to have everyone take a shot at being the caller for the matches, it gives us latitude with regard to member attendance as well as getting a gauge of the talent pool we have overall.

Second, I think it might be a good idea if we take an informal survey of our players to find out which ships they feel especially comfortable playing (other than BBs) to build a roster for battles. If one of our guys plays especially well in DDs or CAs then we should follow up with preferred ship and build. That way we can have particular players who are "ringers" with a type of ship and we know what build they are running so we don't place them into situations that they cannot effectively handle (concealment / smoke vs. radar / reload / whatever else). I know that I personally play various ships at different levels and that I am also willing to learn / train to become better in a particular ship should the team require it.

Third and finally, perhaps on training nights we can have scrimmages between much smaller teams like we did tonight. This evening we were immulating the format for the "Clan Brawl" and it worked out fine. I feel like I will learn more from you guys if we play head to head and get pointers on the fly. For the other guys, if you see someone on the enemy team making a mistake, make a note and tell them when the groups join back up in the harbor.

Calico_Jackson
Calico_Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:49 pm

Good points Calico. I will be working on some things for builds this weekend to post, as I'm generally playing a DD in clan battles, and second a light cruiser. The Gearing specifically, although I'm comfortable (and somewhat dangerous in all the T10 DDs), the Gearing is my go to when given an option. I have specific "competitive" builds/captain specs I can go over, and why, that I change back to my "normal" build after clan battles are over. I'll be sharing these over the next few weekends for folks to comment on, make suggestions, or even point out flaws. All in good fun!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down